China defender Sun Jihai has been reassured by Manchester City's new manager Sven-Goran Eriksson he is not surplus to requirements, the English Premier League leaders said Monday.
Contrary to media reports, both Eriksson and Sun confirmed the player is not leaving Eastlands.
"He has not been told he can leave. He is a valuable and very versatile member of our squad," former England boss Eriksson said.
Sun joined up with the Citizens later than his colleagues this season as he was on Asian Cup duty with China, and has not played so far.
"I haven't been told by either the manager or anyone at the club that I can leave," the 29-year-old said.
"It's been a good start to the season, but hopefully I'll get the opportunity to show my quality. Of course I am happy to fight for my place.
"Everything here is normal and I am happy."
Sun joined city from Chinese side Dalian Wanda in February 2002.
0 comments:
Post a Comment