Bowyer finds his touch

West Ham United's Lee Bowyer believes he may be getting back to his best as a goalscoring midfielder.

Prior to his late equaliser against Wigan Athletic last month, the former Charlton Athletic, Leeds United and Newcastle United player had not managed to score in 35 matches for the Hammers. He backed the Wigan strike up with a goal in the 3-0 win over Middlesbrough on Saturday.

Striker Dean Ashton's first goal since the 2006 FA Cup final after recovering from a broken ankle may have grabbed the headlines but Bowyer, 30, is convinced he can now contribute more to the Upton Park cause.

seeing them

He said: "I am getting a lot more chances now. Balls are getting laid in front of me as I am making runs and I wasn't really getting that kind of service last year.

"I was making runs but no one was really seeing them. I had one chance against Middlesbrough and I took it and it turned the game for us. It is a great feeling to be scoring again as it is a big part of my game. I am pleased for Deano as well, as that has been a long time coming for him

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home