What's Chelsea striker Didier Drogba thinking of these days?

His official DVD on sale in France has all the answers - Drogba admitted that the transfer to Stamford Bridge from Marseille was a huge mistake in his career.

According to The Sun newspaper, the African forward said that he was disgusted with himself for sccumbing to the temptation of Roman Abramovich's millions.

He further revealed he hoped for a knee injury that could have scuppered his move to Stamford Bridge. Drogba, 29, has already showed his displeasure at Jose Mourinho’s sacking. He even accused his fellow teammates of 'treachery' in the dressing room.

And, Drogba has repeated claims of quitting Chelsea at the end of the season. Yet, this stunning revelation on his tell-all DVD will undoubtedly anger the Chelsea management and fans. Drogba, earns more than £100,000 (US$200,000) per week, cannot deny his remarkable words, as they're given on his official DVD.

Said the Ivory Coast international angrily on his DVD: "The day I signed for Chelsea I just felt disgusted. I know this is something which can’t have happened to many players but that’s how it is. I was disgusted.

"I know that when I say this people are going to look at the financial aspect of my move — but money didn’t count for me.

"I was unhappy and it remains as simple as that.

"I was lucky as the French-speaking clan at Stamford Bridge in those days — Geremi, William Gallas and Claude Makelele — tried to help me.

"But the truth is I wanted to leave after only a few weeks. I wasn’t happy at all. I had no desire to be there."

Wished his own injury

Drogba's admission that his Chelsea move was 'disgusting' will definitely cause an uproar amongst his teammates and club backroom staff. But more remarkably, it's his own revelation that he wished an injury upon himself in order to avoid moving to London that would hurt the Chelsea faithful.

"I did some absurd things just so that I wouldn’t have to go to Chelsea," claims Drogba defiantly on his DVD.

"The medical was in a Paris hospital and I clearly remember praying they would find a problem with my knee or something so the move would collapse.

"I didn’t care what I’d lose, I wasn’t interested in the money I’d make, I simply didn’t want to leave Marseille.

"I admit that playing in England one day had always been a dream for me but the impact of being at Marseille completely changed me.

"I wanted to ‘do a Maldini’ — by staying with Marseille until the end of my career. I’d had affection for other clubs but this was pure passion."

Drogba's agent Thierno Seyde confirms that, upon the completion of the medical, the player's amazing determination and desire not to sign for Chelsea surfaced once again.

Seyde said: "The night before our flight to London I went down from Paris to Marseille to pick Didier up. At 4am Didier said to me, ‘I don’t want to go, forget it, it’s all off — I’m not going to Chelsea’.

"I told him that it was too late and that everything was set up. Initially, he still said ‘I don’t care’ but finally I managed to talk him round."

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home